Do you even THINK about your pelvic health? Many of us don't; UNTIL something goes awry. And get this - leaking urine after giving birth is NOT normal!
Today on the show I speak with Teresa Luu, a Toronto-based physiotherapist specializing in women's health. Teresa has experience assessing and treating a broad range of clients from paediatrics to geriatrics; but developed a true passion for working in women’s health and now focuses on helping pregnant and post part persons improve their pelvic floor health
Today we talk about
- Why pelvic floor health SO important to consider when planning to become pregnant
- Why she thinks so many people dismiss this area of pre-post natal care
- What she sees common while treating second time mamas who didn't consider pelvic floor PT the first time around
- What women of "advanced maternal age" can do to support their pelvic floor health in pregnancy/post partum?
- And what is common but NOT normal when it comes to pelvic floor health!
A tiny but mighty physiotherapist using soft tissue based hands-on therapies and a collaborative approach to support and empower you through your recovery. Teresa has experience assessing and treating a broad range of clients from paediatrics to geriatrics; but has developed a true passion for working in women’s health. She is dedicated to listening to your health concerns including pelvic health challenges and will guide you through treatment with education, exercise and manual therapy. Building confidence is just as important as building strength in your pelvic floor and core!
Teresa strives to work collaboratively with her clients to ensure rehab does not interrupt with your day-to-day life. She gets it—life is busy and she is committed to working with you to reach your health goals. From urinary incontinence to pelvic organ prolapses’; tennis elbow to post-op total joint replacements…”T” is your PT!
Connect with Teresa on Instagram
Connect with Meg: